Thursday, May 15, 2014

Is it ever going to get better?

The pain has gotten so bad lately. Since being home and having to start over with the doctors, life has become so much more difficult. Most days I can't even do housework, I don't want to go a lot of places, and I dread going to any doctors. I have been to the hospital 5 times since January without much help. My family doctor changed all of my medicines and will not do anything else, after changing and cutting the medicines that were making my life tolerable, other than put in referrals. After being home almost 4 months, I finally get to see the neurologist on Monday. I am hoping she is as good as my neurologist was in Savannah. I hope that she takes me seriously, and realizes that I seriously need help. After waiting and a few left messages, pain management finally called back today. They will not see me until I see Behavioral Health to make sure an opioid or implant treatment will work for me. The problem is, as of now, my appointment to get the evaluation isn't until July. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping that the neurologist can do something to help me or speed the process along. My seizures have become more mild and don't happen very often. For the past 4 or 5 days, I have felt my spine and legs gradually hurt more. This evening, the pain has become so intense that it reminds me so much of how it feels when I start having difficulty moving or walking. I guess the next few days will tell what is going to happen. I refuse to go back to these hospitals or try to call my family doctor about the situation because it won't change anything. I don't understand, when I have more than enough proof and have shown no signs of misuse or addiction to the medicines, why someone can't help me. If it were up to me, I would have already had a second brain surgery, the full one, had the shunt put in, and anything else that could potentially make me feel better. More than anything, I would love to feel that I can work through the pain, and not have to take medicine at all. I just don't understand medical professionals these days. Just because you don't know what any of my many disorders are, or think that I am too young to be in this much pain, doesn't mean that I, and others around me, should have to suffer in silence or do more for me because I am unable to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment