Friday, September 28, 2012

Post-Op MRI's 9-26-12

Here are the latest MRI's. On Friday, September 28, I received a letter from my primary care manager stating that my MRI's came back abnormal and that I needed to take them to my neurologist and neurosurgeon. I was a wreck. I immediately broke down. I called my husband who came right away to pick my up to go get the images and results. I was so sure that the surgery was a failure. My mind was all over the place and didn't know what to do.  The results states that I had 2 nonspecific fluid collections in the subcutaneous soft tissues posterior to the posterior fossa and superior cervical spine. One measures 3.0 x 0.8 cm and the other measures 3.2 x 0.7 cm. These fluid collections are consistent with seromas. The herniation of the cerebellar tonsils to 6mm appear unchanged from prior. A stable focal posterior disc protrusion which effaces the anterior thecal sac but does not contact the spinal cord.

 
The bright white spots are the fluid collections.
 
A small central syrinx extends from C6-C7 measuring 1 cm in length.
 
 
The syrinx appears to have grown slightly but is luckily not blocking the CSF flow.
 
 
The results also state that I have reversal of the normal cervical lordosis. This is the natural curvature of the cervical spine. What gets me about all of this is that it says unchanged from prior. The problem is, other than the syrinx, the previous MRI's were normal. I am so sick of the word normal. I don't feel normal. Being in pain 24 hours a days, 7 days a week, 365 days a year is not normal!



No comments:

Post a Comment