Monday, October 1, 2012

Neurologist Visit

After receiving my MRI results on Friday, I called and was able to get into my neurologist today. He is one of the 2 out of 4 doctors I see that seem to listen and take me seriously. I went in to discuss the results and he didn't seem too concerned. He actually told me that I have something that causes my central nervous system to amplify my pain signals. He worked with my meds some and started me on a fibromyalgia medicine to see if it would help. Although I have a feeling that this is not the whole problem, at least it is something. Some sort of explanation of why I am in worse pain now that I was pre-surgery. I know that Chiari creates it's own problems and recovery from the operation can be a long road. I just can't get past this gut feeling that I have that there is more to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment