Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Wheelchair

When I was at my neurologist appointment on 12-21/12, he ordered a wheelchair due to my problems walking. On 12/26/12. I got a phone call from his assistant today saying that I would be getting a call from the medical supply company about when we could pick it up. I was upset about the fact that at 28 years old, I had a walker already and would be getting a wheelchair too. I thought to myself, at least this gives me the time to accept it and maybe it won't be so bad.

A couple hours later, the door bell rang. I thought it was the mail or some other delivery. NOPE! The people didn't call and just delivered the wheelchair. Yes, it saved us a trip, but it surprised me. I managed to hold it together while the man was showing me how to work everything and sign the paperwork. As soon as we closed the door, I lost it. I don't know why it was so horrible but I hated it. My husband grabbed me and held me and all I could do was bawl.

All I want is someone to "fix me". I know that I will never be completely cured but make me the best that they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment