Sunday, January 13, 2013

Another Hospital Stay

I went to the ER again last Wednesday. My pain was excruciating and definitely uncontrollable. I figured they would run some tests, give me some medicine and send me home. After just being admitted less than 3 weeks earlier for the same thing, I did not expect to be admitted again. They didn't see any surgical need for me to be there the first time and the same thing happened this time. I know it was for the good of me to do some imaging and observe me to see if I was declining. They could've done that with a regularly scheduled doctor's appointment.

I was admitted late on 1/9. I had not received any medicine until I got to a holding unit and didn't have any of mine with me. It was horrible. After a couple hours, I was finally put into a regular room. I stayed there for a day and other than nurses the only person I saw was a neurologist. He told me that there was nothing for him to handle and if anything needed to be done, it would be for the neurosurgeon. I was thinking they might actually do SOMETHING to help but no. They moved me to a different room on the 10th. I spent a whole day waiting for the neurosurgeon to come so I could be discharged. Nothing. Finally on the morning of the 11th, he finally came and saw me. He said that he didn't see anything that needed surgical intervention but that didn't mean it couldn't change a couple weeks or months from now. He said he would take another look at my images next week and give me a call. I was finally free and able to go home.

We had an issue getting the prescriptions filled that is a whole other story, that isn't worth talking about, so we just didn't get them filled since I had my regular meds at home. My pain management doctor said that I could come on Monday morning and they would give me my monthly prescriptions. I will just wait! I am so sore from all the shots and IV's, and stiff from being in the bed for so long. The only different outcome from the first hospital stay is that I will now be having a physical/occupational therapist coming to my house 2-3 times a week. I really don't want to do that so much but if it has the potential to help me and help regain some strength, I will do it. I just want to do whatever I have to to get better for myself and family. I will do whatever I can to avoid having to use a walker and wheelchair for the rest of my life. Just like the doctor said, I AM TOO YOUNG.

The problems just keep mounting. I have Chiari, Syringomyelia, Degenerative Disc Disease, at least 8 bulging or protruding discs, non-epileptic seizures, Migraines, vision problems, weakness, numbness, pressure in my head/ears/spine, Chronic Pain, balance issues, etc. The list just goes on and on. All but 1 has been found in the past year. All I'm looking for is a break already. To all of you who have any medical issues, do not give up until you get answers. Keep pushing and going to whatever doctors you have to until you get what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment