Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bent in half :(

So, I was experiencing my normal pain yesterday, like always. It was one of those days where I hurt a little more than others but other than being exhausted, nothing out of the ordinary. As we were getting ready to go to bed, all I was doing was walking and a sudden pain, like no other, hit me. I was doubled in half and couldn't stand up straight. My spine had a constant, sharp, stabbing, tingling pain. My hips clear to my toes hurt so bad and were more numb than most days. My head felt like I had a sharp pain that went straight down the center from my chin to the base of my skull. I also had the pain and feeling I get when I have a pinched nerve that affects my left arm.

I managed, hunched over on my walker, to get back to bed. I had to sit there standing with my upper body on the bed for a while before I was even able to consider trying to get into it. I finally got the nerve and doing so made it even worse. Trying to move an inch made it feel worse. I dealt with this all night long. Of course, like any other time I am feeling completely miserable, the cat and my son were not cooperating. The cat was being crazy and waking up my son. I finally just told him that he could come sleep with us so that I wouldn't have to keep getting up. I got all the pillows I could find and got myself propped up into a semi-comfortable position and was able to go to sleep.

When I woke up this morning, I was able to stand more upright being just a little hunched over. The pain isn't quite as intense but still very much there. My arm and legs are still numb but I am used to that. The pain under my shoulder blade is a bit worse but not much I can do about it. So I guess the next couple days will entail not doing much of anything and hoping that pain management will be able to help. I don't know which one of my medical issues is causing this one. I hate facing all of this all the time. I am pretty sure that is has to do with my disc issues but who knows. Considering that I have issues in parts of my entire spine, that's the only thing I can think of. I am just hoping that it doesn't get any worse so another ER trip isn't in my near future, although an ER trip could be a good thing since I got a call from the new neurosurgeon that didn't sound the best. His assistant said that he wanted new MRIs of my cervical and thoracic spine to see if anything has changed to be causing all these new problems. He would look at the ones he has and compare the new ones, when I get them, and "decide whether he even wants to see me". I don't get it. They made it sound so promising in the hospital and now it brings back the feeling that I had before like they don't believe me.

I am in so much pain. Since my Chiari Decompression surgery, I have only gotten worse. Nothing has gotten better. I have new issues all the time. Something is wrong, really wrong I feel. I need someone that is going to take it very seriously. I have insurance, they will get paid, so I don't see what it would hurt to have me come in and talk to me so that I can explain all of my issues, discuss the MRIs and figure out something from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment