Friday, November 2, 2012

Just a little update.

This week has been one of the worst I have had. Some one the symptoms that were calming down a little are now back with a vengeance. My numbness and tingling, throughout my whole body, is back to being extremely difficult to deal with. The arms/hands and legs/feet, seem to be the worse. I also feel like my sciatic nerve is acting up. I am completely numb from the middle of my abdomen to the middle of my thighs. It's getting so bad again that I am also having a lot of facial numbness as well.

Over the past week, my vision seems to be getting worse. My left eye, which is usually the one that gives me the least amount of trouble is getting blurrier. My right eye is getting worse and all feels like it is foggy and doesn't seem like it's going to be going away anytime soon. I have been having to wear my glasses, which I haven't done in years. They don't even seem to be making a huge difference, so I guess a new eye exam is going to be in my future.

Luckily, the seizures haven't been to bad this week. Today is day 4 without any. I have a few on Monday that has caused my legs to still be very sore. The medicine they have me on hasn't completely stopped them yet, but it has calmed them down. I am thankful for that. I usually have somewhat of an indication when they are going to hit but I am terrified that one is going to hit and I won't have any notice. I am worried that I'm going to end up falling and getting hurt. The only person home all day with me is my 4 year old. The only thing he would really be able to do is get my phone so I can call my husband.

My whole body has been feeling a little wobbly. When I stand up, I get a head rush or dizzy feeling every time. Once I get that settled down, I end up walking around like I'm drunk. Stumbling, walking into things, and feeling like I am going to fall over. I have been dropping things a lot again and sometimes having trouble grasping things.I am just hoping that something serious doesn't happen. My whole body feels so weak. I have headaches/migraines every day. I have managed to get the nausea under control except when the headaches are bad. If I am up for too long, my left leg gets to the point where it feels like I can't pick it up off the ground. It more or less just scoots as I am walking.

Sleeping is getting worse again. I was doing okay for a while but now it just doesn't want to happen. I am just so uncomfortable and in so much pain that no matter what I try, I am unable to get even semi comfortable. It is taking me forever to fall asleep. When I wake up in the mornings, it feels as though  haven't slept at all. I am just so tired all the time. I feel like I can't do my part around here and it is getting to be very frustrating. I know that I need to take it easy, which I have been, but with my obsessive personality, looking around at things that I could be doing is driving me insane!

To say the least, I am very angry about all of this. I am angry that every day is a new or worsened problem. Sometimes, I feel broken and then sometimes I believe that I can make it though. I know that this makes me sound weak, even though I am actually a very strong woman, but there are times when I feel like I can't handle anymore. I haven't even had the chance to deal with all of my issues because my doctors want to get the bigger things under control first.

No comments:

Post a Comment