Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Starting my new medication

Well, this evening, I started the new medicine that the neurologist prescribed me. It is a pain patch, and let me tell you I was freaking out. It took me a while of reading the pamphlets and everything that came with them. I had about a 20 minute meltdown before I was finally able to get up the courage to put it on. The whole time, my husband was there, yet again, to support me. He just kept telling me that it would be okay and to just do it. The time came. We read the instructions thoroughly, and my husband helped me put it on. I had yet another meltdown.

I was so worried that something bad was going to happen that I even had to call my mom and dad. Yes, a 28 year old calling mommy and daddy. LOL! Being an Army wife and being so far away from most of your support system can make even the littlest things so hard. After talking to them, I felt a little better, but I was still worried so I didn't take my normal meds in fears of something bad happening. I don't know why, but it just got stuck in my head that the medicine would kick in really fast and being stronger than anything I had ever taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment